October 18, 2008

My Secret Stash of Dirty Mattresses, Kids Waxing Nostalgic About Powdered Bottoms & David Bowie is Way Way Older Than Me

I made a whole secret collection of hi-res large format life size photographs of dirty mattresses. You have to come over to see them though because being that the prints are all actual size, showing any low res versions would not do them justice and would defeat the point. The stack is about a foot and a half thick with nearly a thousand prints, that's roughly the thickness of one regular dirty mattress.

Maybe one day you'll see the whole stack at a museum.

I was recently at a party with a bunch of early twenties youngsters (what else is new) and these youngsters were already waxing nostalgic about days gone by, reminiscing about high school and wearing diapers etc.. I normally hang out with youngsters because they generally live in the present and look the future so this was a bummer.

Anyway, somewhat ironically, at the party I caught my reflection in a mirror and I was my dad, I didn't just look like him, I WAS him, gray hair, 72 year old face, everything, only bearded.

But only for a second, musta been a hallucination.

Booze dude.

But I wasn't the oldest one at the party, not even close, another youngster hanger outer wither, David Bowie, was there too. We were having a decent conversation about art, fashion and music and the very subject about which I write here, you know, looking to the future, new ideas etc... I musta been really drunk because I actually proposed that we ditch the party and go to the music room and write some songs.

He was very gracious in his avoidance of the issue.

Who would expect anything less.

He would have enjoyed it though.

He is starting to show his age, in a completely awesome way of course.

Point is:
Reliving the past is like eating the same steak twice... if you catch my drift.

Now Cherrie:

That's all for now.
Don't get caught lecturing David Bowie about the future of the music biz.
Your Favorite Saturday Morning Cartoon That Doesn't Exist,
Something With Cute Maggots Eating Adorable Carcasses

No comments: