August 31, 2007

Life In The Parking Lane, One Billion Gallons of Dirty Water & a Whole Bunch of Honest, Upstanding Methheads

Most people know that setting up residency in a parking structure is against the law, but that doesn't stop anyone from doing it here in SF. Mostly it's homelss people, strippers, fat black guys and speed dealers but even I have felt the temptation of living in the stopped lane.

Last night I decided to try out one of the beds in a parking structure downtown, surprisingly it wasn't that difficult to convince one of my recent photo subjects to join me. Once we made a deal with the undercover cop lady that patrols the place we headed up to stall 76b and set in for the night. My date brought a bunch of different pajama outfits and I took pictures as she tried them all on, even though she was naked nobody really paid much attention, probably because half of the other people staying there were strippers who apparently never put their clothes back on.

I also found out that my nice little Jewish girl date wasn't the nice girl I imagined her to be. Naughty she was, laughing the whole time.

In the middle of the night I went to the nearby hose and drank one billion gallons of dirty water.

In the morning the undercover cop woman went around and arrested everyone but me an the jewish girl, apparently being arrested is just part of the deal. Whatever. As she was arresting the naked strippers, some of whom tried to dash off and escape to no avail I decided I should take pictures of it all only to discover that I left my camera on the bed in the parking stall. Imagine my surprise when I returned to get it and it was still there. Crackheads were looking out for me I guess. They all want me to take their myspace photos.

On the ride back home in the back of the station wagon I couldn't get the door to close and shit kept falling out onto the freeway causing quite a few traffic accidents. My friend Becky was driving and I was a little surprised she didn't even give a fuck. She's not a nice little Jewish girl either.

No comments: