July 23, 2007

It's Not "Remote" If You're Actually In The Car, The Memory of Egg Yolks & The End Of The World Beta

I visited the new science museum just over the Golden Gate bridge. I borrowed a remote control Porsche to get there. It's not really the most functional thing in the world to drive your own car with a little control box, I think they should have actual connected controls on the inside of the car and leave the little box controller for when one needs to control it from afar. Anyway, none of that stopped me from driving like I was Starsky & Hutch. I'm really good at getting air, all one really needs to do is sit really low in the seat and then, at once, thrust oneself upward -- it's not much different than doing a bunnyhop on a bicycle, in fact it's a little easier since the shocks can be exploited for their bounciness.

At the museum a woman was demonstrating the inherent memory of egg yolks. She cracked a bunch of eggs on her chest. The eggs ran down under her thin t-shirt, over her slightly visible breasts and onto a plate below. Once she turned on the vibrating plate and the ultraviolet lights, the egg yolks gelled up and created an exact duplication of her chest off of which they had just dribbled. In other words, egg yolks, by nature can remember any form with which they have come in contact and they are able to completely replicate it down to the tiniest of details. I'm sure you can imagine the implications for rapid prototyping and other such technologies. I thought it was smart to use a woman's breasts as an example. Duh.

The live 3d models of the sun were cool. Apparently there is now a camera system that projects things in actual 3d. Go to the science museum and check it out. It's nice to be able to touch and feel an exact scale model of the sun LIVE as it's happening, sans heat of course. You can do it with a person's face in another place as well, but I thought the sun was more interesting. Solar flares feel like furry tails. Still imagine the future of virtual sex with a person on the other side of the globe. They do need to get the temperature thing sorted. All the flesh I felt was cold.

My father brought a few of his buddies along and they wouldn't stop yammering on about being "moderates" and how they and their ilk represent salvation for our current political situation. I mean I was pretty much agreeing with the whole speech but still, it's not really a conversation one wants to have while attempting to cross the busiest VW Bug freeway. One should concentrate on not getting hit by a VW bug. Also, I'm not sold on the idea of having different freeways for different types of cars, sure, it looks cool - but it ain't practical.

Speaking of gigantic fireballs, as I was crossing the freeway, off in the distance, a pillar of fire and hot plasma shot up out of the skyline at least 50 miles into the air. I was certain that it was the end of the world. I could feel the heat on my face and through my clothing. It momentarily scared the crap out of me. Nobody else around me was as nervous, they all apparently knew it was all part of the science museum. Still, a little warning would be nice.

No comments: